beMedTech, the Belgian federation of the medical technology industry, organized a survey on sharp object injuries among more than 950 nurses and lab technicians.
During this webinar, we will share the results of this survey.
We will also present the actual state of play in Europe regarding the implementation of the sharp injuries directive and look at best practices from neighbouring countries on how to approach this issue.
Finally, we will kick-off an awareness program with clear recommendations for the prevention of needlestick and cut accidents in Belgium.
- Opening of the webinar by Maggie De Block, minister of Social Affairs and Public Health
- Survey Assessment Implementation Sharp Injuries Directive 2010/32/EU & Problems & Action Needed
by Mrs. Simone Mohrs, Policy Officer at the European Hospital and Healthcare Employers’ Association (HOSPEEM) & Mr. Luca Scarpiello, Policy Staff – Officer at the Health and Social Services European Federation of Public Service Unions (EPSU)
- Presentation of the results from the survey amongst nurses and medical lab technicians
by Prof. dr. Jef Hendrickx of the Research group Mathematics, Education, Econometrics and Statistics (MEES) at KU Leuven
- Best practices from neighbouring countries
(speakers from The Netherlands & Germany tbc)
- Conclusions & recommendations
by Mrs. Nawal Farih, member of the Belgian Chamber Representatives and Vice President of the Commission Public Health
- Kick-off awareness program
We gladly invite you for this webinar on Tuesday September 29th from 2 pm to 4 pm. Let us know if you want to join us by sending an e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
The full program and information on how to join the webinar will follow soon.